To first understand Antioch IL opioid addiction, you must first understand what opioids are. The term opioid refers to any drug or chemical that attaches (like a key fits into a lock) to sites in the brain called opioid receptors. The human body makes its own opioids (called endorphins) but the opioids we are concerned with when we talk about opioid addiction are those that are manufactured in a laboratory or made by plants. For instance, morphine and codeine are found in the extract (the opium) of seeds from the poppy plant, and this opium is processed into heroin. Most prescription painkillers like oxycodone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone are synthesized in the laboratory. When a person becomes dependent upon these drugs, they need opioid addiction treatment.
What are Common Types of Opioids Antioch IL?
Opioids may be prescribed legally by doctors (for pain, cough suppression or opioid dependence) or they may be taken illegally for their mood-altering effects–euphoria, sedation, “to feel better”, or for some, opioids are taken “just to feel normal”. Not everyone who takes an opioid is at risk for dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment, but these drugs are commonly abused.
Examples of prescribed medications that sometimes lead to opioid addiction, but that can also help patients battle other types of substance abuse include:
- Codeine–the opioid in Tylenol #3, Fiorinal or Fiorecet #3, and in some cough syrups.
- Hydrocodone–the opioid in Vicodin, Lortab, and Lorcet.
- Oxycodone–the opioid in Percodan, Percocet and OxyContin.
- Hydromorphone–the opioid in Dilaudid.
- Oxymorphone–the opioid in Opana.
- Meperidine–the opioid in Demerol.
- Morphine–the opioid in MS Contin, Kadian and MSIR.
- Fentanyl–the opioid in Duragesic.
- Tramadol–the opioid in Ultram.
- Methadone–the opioid in Dolophine.
- Buprenorphine–the opioid in Suboxone.
Although not entirely accurate, the terms opiate and narcotic are generally used interchangeably with the term opioid.
The great majority of illicitly used prescription opioids are not obtained from Antioch IL drug dealers. Family and friends are now the greatest source of illicit prescription opioids, and the majority of these opioids are obtained from one physician–not from “doctor shopping”. More than 90% of the world’s opium and heroin supply comes from Afghanistan and Southeast Asia. ‘Black tar’ heroin comes primarily from Mexico. Opioids are the most powerful known pain relievers, sometimes leading to opioid addiction requiring treatment. The use and abuse of opioids dates back to antiquity. The pain relieving and euphoric effects of opioids were known to Sumerians (4000 B.C.) and Egyptians (2000 B.C.).
What Happens When an Opioid is Taken Antioch IL?
When an opioid is taken into the body by any route (by mouth, nasally, smoking or injecting) it enters the blood stream and travels to the brain. When it attaches to an opioid receptor in the brain, our perception of pain is reduced (if we have pain) and we feel sedated. Most Antioch IL people also feel at least a mild pleasurable sensation, or a sense of well-being when opioid receptors are stimulated. Some report feeling more energized or motivated after taking opioids. A few experience unpleasant side effects such as nausea, vomiting or irritability. Unfortunately, those who are prone to develop an opioid addiction seem to experience an intense euphoric or pleasurable feeling when they take an opioid – leading to prolonged dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment.
Methadone Drug in Antioch IL
Your teen likewise has to remain away from night life and pals, discover how to take responsibility for their options and actions and ways to work in the day-to-day world.
Often well-meaning efforts to assist somebody with a drug problem in fact empower them to continue their destructive behavior by permitting them to avoid the repercussions of their actions.
How you can help your teen in Antioch IL:
- Allow them to accept their own responsibilities
- Set clear guidelines and restrictions and implement them
- Motivate your teen to participate in conferences and group therapy
- Exist to pay attention to their problems, fears, and strategies for making it through this time
- Understand and commemorate every triumph
Sunday 12/16 0%
Sunny. High 48F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/17 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 36F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 12/18 0%
Sunshine along with some cloudy intervals. High 41F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 12/19 10%
Overcast. High 42F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 12/20 80%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers in the morning becoming a steady light rain in the afternoon. High near 40F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Drug Rehab Illinois ! Alcohol and Drug Recovery Programs. Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers. Call Now! PPO Insurance Accepted · 24/7 Helpline!
- Drug Rehab Illinois : The Best Rehabs for 2018. Get Discounts at Best Rehab Centers! [ Drug Rehab Illinois ] !!!
- Illinois Drug Rehabs. Heroin and crack addiction are the most common illicit drug problems in Illinois. As a result, numerous rehabs, capable of treating any addiction, have sprung up over the years to help curb the epidemic of abuse in the state.
- Drug Rehab Illinois : Safe Detox. Career Counseling. Services: Life Skills Coaching, Drug & Alcohol Rehab, Career Counseling. Drug Rehab Illinois; Reneau Rehab The Mccoy House Jackson Ms; Lradac Detox Columbia Sc Action 7; First Step Recovery Annapolis Md; Drug Rehab Illinois; Reneau Rehab ...
- Illinois Drug Rehab : The Best Rehabs for 2018. Get Discounts at Best Rehab Centers! [ Illinois Drug Rehab ] !!! Drug Detox In Denver; Drug Helpline Washington Residential Alcohol Treatment In Tallahassee; Residential Alcohol Treatment In Tallahassee Illinois Drug Rehab ...
- Rehabs in Illinois Illinois is very concerned about binge drinking, drunk driving and alcohol addiction. Prescription drug addiction, heroin abuse, meth labs, marijuana and cocaine are also serious problems.