To first understand Belmont CA opioid addiction, you must first understand what opioids are. The term opioid refers to any drug or chemical that attaches (like a key fits into a lock) to sites in the brain called opioid receptors. The human body makes its own opioids (called endorphins) but the opioids we are concerned with when we talk about opioid addiction are those that are manufactured in a laboratory or made by plants. For instance, morphine and codeine are found in the extract (the opium) of seeds from the poppy plant, and this opium is processed into heroin. Most prescription painkillers like oxycodone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone are synthesized in the laboratory. When a person becomes dependent upon these drugs, they need opioid addiction treatment.
What are Common Types of Opioids Belmont CA?
Opioids may be prescribed legally by doctors (for pain, cough suppression or opioid dependence) or they may be taken illegally for their mood-altering effects–euphoria, sedation, “to feel better”, or for some, opioids are taken “just to feel normal”. Not everyone who takes an opioid is at risk for dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment, but these drugs are commonly abused.
Examples of prescribed medications that sometimes lead to opioid addiction, but that can also help patients battle other types of substance abuse include:
- Codeine–the opioid in Tylenol #3, Fiorinal or Fiorecet #3, and in some cough syrups.
- Hydrocodone–the opioid in Vicodin, Lortab, and Lorcet.
- Oxycodone–the opioid in Percodan, Percocet and OxyContin.
- Hydromorphone–the opioid in Dilaudid.
- Oxymorphone–the opioid in Opana.
- Meperidine–the opioid in Demerol.
- Morphine–the opioid in MS Contin, Kadian and MSIR.
- Fentanyl–the opioid in Duragesic.
- Tramadol–the opioid in Ultram.
- Methadone–the opioid in Dolophine.
- Buprenorphine–the opioid in Suboxone.
Although not entirely accurate, the terms opiate and narcotic are generally used interchangeably with the term opioid.
The great majority of illicitly used prescription opioids are not obtained from Belmont CA drug dealers. Family and friends are now the greatest source of illicit prescription opioids, and the majority of these opioids are obtained from one physician–not from “doctor shopping”. More than 90% of the world’s opium and heroin supply comes from Afghanistan and Southeast Asia. ‘Black tar’ heroin comes primarily from Mexico. Opioids are the most powerful known pain relievers, sometimes leading to opioid addiction requiring treatment. The use and abuse of opioids dates back to antiquity. The pain relieving and euphoric effects of opioids were known to Sumerians (4000 B.C.) and Egyptians (2000 B.C.).
What Happens When an Opioid is Taken Belmont CA?
When an opioid is taken into the body by any route (by mouth, nasally, smoking or injecting) it enters the blood stream and travels to the brain. When it attaches to an opioid receptor in the brain, our perception of pain is reduced (if we have pain) and we feel sedated. Most Belmont CA people also feel at least a mild pleasurable sensation, or a sense of well-being when opioid receptors are stimulated. Some report feeling more energized or motivated after taking opioids. A few experience unpleasant side effects such as nausea, vomiting or irritability. Unfortunately, those who are prone to develop an opioid addiction seem to experience an intense euphoric or pleasurable feeling when they take an opioid – leading to prolonged dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment.
Opiate Recovery in Belmont CA
When it comes time to locate the finest drug rehab and alcohol rehab centers within your grasp, doctors and other health professionals will give you what is called a referral. Some drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers are more personal than others, using particular high-ends that specify officials can not afford.
Exactly what to Expect With Treatment in Belmont CA
Even though drugs can be purged from the physical parts of the client, it is the mental barriers and breakdowns that continue the vicious cycle of drug abuse. The majority of drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation programs will deal with the mind, body and soul of a client.
How To Get Oxycontin…Prescribed Painkillers
Friday 01/25 0%
Mainly sunny. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday 01/26 0%
Overcast. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 01/27 0%
Mostly cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 66F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 01/28 10%
Cloudy skies. High 64F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 01/29 10%
Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 64F. Winds light and variable.
- California Inpatient Drug Rehab Programs Looking for a top rehab program in California for yourself or someone you love? Rehabs.com is an expert in exclusive executive programs and can help you find the clinic that's right for you.
- List of the top 10 California drug rehab centers based off of a set criteria that includes staff helpfulness, treatment success, customer experience, and accommodation There are many quality addiction treatment facilities in California, but with so many options, it can be hard to choose the right one.
- Drug Rehab California : We Can Help You, Treatment and ongoing support help you recover from alcohol abuse, heroin/opiate addiction, prescription drug addiction, and other drug addictions!
- Drug Rehab California : We Can Help You, Support 24 Hours A Day For People Who Are Intoxicated Or In Withdrawal - Individualized Treatment!
- Drug Rehab In California : Types: Detox, Residential, Long Term. Quality Care. World Renowned Locations.
- California has the largest state population, and struggles with its fair share of alcohol addiction, drug abuse, and mental health issues. Addiction to stimulants like methamphetamine is is a major and growing issue. However, California also has a robust structure for treatment, including Medi-Cal and strong rehab centers.
- Drug Rehab California : We Can Help You, Individual Counseling; Group Therapy; Intensive Outpatient Services ! Drug Rehab In Oklahoma City Marijuana Rehab Center