To first understand Chandler AZ opioid addiction, you must first understand what opioids are. The term opioid refers to any drug or chemical that attaches (like a key fits into a lock) to sites in the brain called opioid receptors. The human body makes its own opioids (called endorphins) but the opioids we are concerned with when we talk about opioid addiction are those that are manufactured in a laboratory or made by plants. For instance, morphine and codeine are found in the extract (the opium) of seeds from the poppy plant, and this opium is processed into heroin. Most prescription painkillers like oxycodone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone are synthesized in the laboratory. When a person becomes dependent upon these drugs, they need opioid addiction treatment.
What are Common Types of Opioids Chandler AZ?
Opioids may be prescribed legally by doctors (for pain, cough suppression or opioid dependence) or they may be taken illegally for their mood-altering effects–euphoria, sedation, “to feel better”, or for some, opioids are taken “just to feel normal”. Not everyone who takes an opioid is at risk for dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment, but these drugs are commonly abused.
Examples of prescribed medications that sometimes lead to opioid addiction, but that can also help patients battle other types of substance abuse include:
- Codeine–the opioid in Tylenol #3, Fiorinal or Fiorecet #3, and in some cough syrups.
- Hydrocodone–the opioid in Vicodin, Lortab, and Lorcet.
- Oxycodone–the opioid in Percodan, Percocet and OxyContin.
- Hydromorphone–the opioid in Dilaudid.
- Oxymorphone–the opioid in Opana.
- Meperidine–the opioid in Demerol.
- Morphine–the opioid in MS Contin, Kadian and MSIR.
- Fentanyl–the opioid in Duragesic.
- Tramadol–the opioid in Ultram.
- Methadone–the opioid in Dolophine.
- Buprenorphine–the opioid in Suboxone.
Although not entirely accurate, the terms opiate and narcotic are generally used interchangeably with the term opioid.
The great majority of illicitly used prescription opioids are not obtained from Chandler AZ drug dealers. Family and friends are now the greatest source of illicit prescription opioids, and the majority of these opioids are obtained from one physician–not from “doctor shopping”. More than 90% of the world’s opium and heroin supply comes from Afghanistan and Southeast Asia. ‘Black tar’ heroin comes primarily from Mexico. Opioids are the most powerful known pain relievers, sometimes leading to opioid addiction requiring treatment. The use and abuse of opioids dates back to antiquity. The pain relieving and euphoric effects of opioids were known to Sumerians (4000 B.C.) and Egyptians (2000 B.C.).
What Happens When an Opioid is Taken Chandler AZ?
When an opioid is taken into the body by any route (by mouth, nasally, smoking or injecting) it enters the blood stream and travels to the brain. When it attaches to an opioid receptor in the brain, our perception of pain is reduced (if we have pain) and we feel sedated. Most Chandler AZ people also feel at least a mild pleasurable sensation, or a sense of well-being when opioid receptors are stimulated. Some report feeling more energized or motivated after taking opioids. A few experience unpleasant side effects such as nausea, vomiting or irritability. Unfortunately, those who are prone to develop an opioid addiction seem to experience an intense euphoric or pleasurable feeling when they take an opioid – leading to prolonged dependence requiring opioid addiction treatment.
Opiate Addiction Treatment Centers in Chandler AZ
It is not just the student professional athletes who are prone to drug abuse and use of other prohibited compounds. As a matter of truth, there are likewise some trainees who are intending for educational scholarship who were using unlawful compounds at the same time.
One of the most essential decisions you will make in your lifetime is choosing a drug dependency treatment for you or one of your love ones. Only few of us know about the most crucial drug addiction treatment center for you as they are not all the same, you want quality and trust. You will discover that each drug addiction treatment program or center will have its own alternative, expense, effectiveness of them.
Now, before you make crucial decisions you need to ask the ideal questions when you call any drug dependency treatment center and you must get clear answers. So I had prepare this to put you in the right state of mind on how to tackle this.
Opioid Addiction Treatment…Opiate Withdrawal
- 2:12 AM MDT on August 07, 2018
- 8:00 PM MST on August 07, 2018
Tuesday 08/07 20%
A good deal of sunshine. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 110F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 08/08 20%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 104F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 08/09 0%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High around 100F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 08/10 20%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 101F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 08/11 20%
Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 103F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Learn about our renowned holistic behavioral health treatment center and Arizona addiction rehab here.
- Inpatient Drug Rehabilitation & Alcohol Treatment Centers There are many inpatient drug and alcohol treatment centers available in Arizona but The River Source has success rates that are higher than average – 75% in 2012 – as a result of our comprehensive, individualized residential treatment.
- Turn your life around from addiction with the best drug rehabilitation center in Arizona. Call The River Source at 866-294-9331 for more information.
- Resources and information for drug treatment programs, drug rehab centers, NA meetings and AA meetings.
- Premier addiction treatment, detox, and substance abuse care in Tucson, Scottsdale, and Phoenix, Arizona. Insurance accepted. Top quality drug and alcohol treatment programs and services in state of the art facilities.
- Provides residential, highly-personalized PTSD treatment, Trauma Therapy including sexual and betrayal and alcohol & drug rehab in Tuscon Arizona.
- Decision Point Center provides modern detox & rehab treatments for drug & alcohol in Arizona. We provide patients with the skills they need to manage and recover from addiction.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- The Meadows is Most Trusted Addiction Treatment Center located in Arizona. For the last 40 years, it has been the Best Drug Rehab Center in Arizona as well as the USA.
- Considering drug rehab for yourself or a loved one? Understand how to choose the best facility including treatment methods, insurance, & payment options.