Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Davenport FL rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Davenport FL lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Davenport FL opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Davenport FL opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Davenport FL people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Oxycontin Addiction in Davenport FL
When it comes time to locate the best drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation centers within your grasp, doctors and other health experts will give you exactly what is called a referral. Some drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers are more private than others, using specific luxuries that mention officials can not pay for.
Exactly what to Expect With Treatment in Davenport FL
Even though drugs can be purged from the physical parts of the patient, it is the mental barriers and breakdowns that continue the vicious cycle of drug abuse. Many drug rehab and alcohol rehab programs will treat the mind, body and soul of a patient.
Painkiller Addiction Treatment…Zubsolv Opiate Blocker
Saturday 12/15 20%
Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 69F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 12/16 20%
Partly cloudy. High near 70F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/17 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 67F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 12/18 10%
Partly cloudy. High 71F. Winds light and variable.
Wednesday 12/19 10%
Partly to mostly cloudy. High near 75F. Winds light and variable.
- Florida Drug Take-Back Programs. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration hosts national drug take-back days, and numerous Florida communities participate in the take-back days every year. More than 30 counties in Florida have drug take-back programs or locations for prescription medication disposal.
- Out of the many Florida drug rehab centers, these have been most recommended by customers and experts. This list is based on a set criterion that includes staff helpfulness, treatment success, customer experience, and accommodation. 1. Transformations Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center, Delray Beach, FL
- Your road to recovery begins with the top inpatient drug and alcohol treatment center in Florida. Beachway's Florida rehab can help you beat addiction.
- Drug Rehabs in Florida by Treatment Approaches. 12-step facilitation approach (446) An approach to help substance abusers to become affiliated and actively involved in a 12-Step program. Anger management (493) Anger Management helps an individual in recognizing the signs of anger, and the steps for taking action to deal with situations positively.
- Our drug rehab in Florida (FL) at The Watershed Addiction Treatment Programs begins with a medical detox and inpatient treatment. Our programs are designed to help you achieve freedom from addiction. Florida addiction treatment centers offer some of the best drug rehabilitation programs available.
- Florida Drug Abuse Statistics. Florida is above the national average for drug-induced deaths with drugs being the direct cause of death in 2,936 instances at a rate of 16.1 per 100,000 people. The national average is only 12.7 per 100,000. Prescription drug abuse is becoming a huge problem throughout the state of Florida.
- Drug Rehabilitation Florida : We Can Help You, Individualized Treatment! Drug Rehabilitation Florida ...
- Florida is known for its large number of drug and alcohol treatment facilities. Its rehabs attract people from all over the country. Before you begin checking out recovery programs in Florida, verify your insurance will cover treatment. Also, read up on the centers and make sure they have ...
- Drug Rehab Florida : Substance Abuse Treatment Services, Individualized Treatment! Drug Rehab Florida ...
- In Florida, drug rehab has become more of a statewide priority as the opioid crisis continues to affect the state. If you’re looking for alcohol or drug rehab, Florida has plentiful options. Types of drug rehab centers in Florida range from detox clinics to residential care facilities to outpatient programs and more.