Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Gales Ferry CT rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Gales Ferry CT lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Gales Ferry CT opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Gales Ferry CT opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Gales Ferry CT people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Opiate Addiction Treatment Centers in Gales Ferry CT
When it comes time to find the very best drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation centers within your grasp, physicians and other health professionals will give you what is called a recommendation. You might receive one or 2 to select from, but they are generally the most viable alternatives of treatment for you to think about. Some individuals will look into treatment alternatives both near and large when budget plan is of no issue. Some alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers are more private than others, using certain luxuries that specify officials can not pay for. There are numerous pamphlets and sites to scan when you have the ability to pay more for your treatment alternatives.
What to Anticipate With Treatment in Gales Ferry CT
Very hardly ever do you see drug rehabilitation without some sort of technique to psychological repair work. Although drugs can be purged from the physical parts of the patient, it is the psychological barriers and breakdowns that continue the vicious cycle of substance abuse. The majority of drug rehabilitation and alcohol rehab programs will treat the mind, body and soul of a patient. This is the best approach towards increasing the success rate for when patients are released onto the world.
Signs Of Opiate Addiction…Vicodin Side Effects
Friday 01/11 0%
Sunny. High 29F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday 01/12 0%
Partly cloudy. High 31F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 01/13 0%
Mostly cloudy early, then afternoon sunshine. High 32F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 01/14 0%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High around 35F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 01/15 0%
Generally sunny. High around 40F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Are you searching for a drug rehab or treatment center? Our counselors can help you learn more about drug and alcohol rehabilitation and locate the right rehab
- Welcome to DrugStrategies.org, a drug and alcohol addiction treatment Website dedicated to providing the very best resources for fighting substance abuse.. Let us help you find drug treatment centers and addiction rehab programs in your town or city.
- This is a comprehensive list of all Inpatient Rehab services in CT. Click on a city to see only the Inpatient Rehab in that city. Click on any listing to get detailed information about that Connecticut Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Find the best drug rehab and alcohol treatment facility in Florida. Locating the right center will improve recovery success.
- Stop substance abuse and addiction today. With the help of the dedicated team and holistic approach at Rehab Centers. You can fill out the form below or just call 800-481-6320 for help
- Georgia Christian drug and alcohol rehabilitation services information: Here at Christian Drug Rehab .org we help people locate Christian based treatment facilities.
- Find a rehab based on your drug, location and needs. Addiction Center provides info on addiction, treatment and recovery. Learn more about signs, symptoms, and withdrawal on each drug and get connected with professional who care to help with addiction.
- Why Couples Drug Rehab? Healing together as a couple is an excellent way to help treat drug or alcohol addiction. With both partners participating in a couples rehab program they each will have the best chance to succeed in recovery, and help build support for sobriety for each other.
- Decision Point Center provides modern detox & rehab treatments for drug & alcohol in Arizona. We provide patients with the skills they need to manage and recover from addiction.
- The Holistic Addiction Treatment Program "Your Gateway to Lasting Recovery" G&G Healthcare Services Treatment Program is a nationally recognized drug and alcohol rehab and treatment center with a comprehensive and integrated Mind-Body-Spirit approach to the treatment of addictions and co-occurring disorders.