Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Hampden Sydney VA rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Hampden Sydney VA lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Hampden Sydney VA opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Hampden Sydney VA opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Hampden Sydney VA people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Methadone Drug in Hampden Sydney VA
Substance abuse amongst teenagers is a growing concern. In Troubled Teens Identifying anding with Difficult Concerns we discuss the indications along with the reasons teenagers abuse alcohol and drugs.
Just like any disease, early detection increases the chance for a complete healing and a drug and alcohol complimentary future. Inpatient treatment at a Drug and Alcohol Rehab is the initial step to a drug and alcohol free life. The client is supplied 24-hour care to monitor and ensure a safe withdrawal from drugs.
In addition, they participated in lectures, workshops, group therapy and private therapy to educate them about the physical and mental implications of long-term compound abuse.
Throughout the period of treatment, clients are able to take a good hard look at the reasons that they have used drugs in the past, such as psychological triggers, certain events or peer pressure.
Opiate Detox Timeline…Opiate Detox
Thursday 08/02 50%
Late night thunderstorms. Lows overnight in the low 70s.
Friday 08/03 90%
Thunderstorms likely. High 81F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Saturday 08/04 20%
Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 08/05 20%
Sunny along with a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 08/06 20%
Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 91F. Winds light and variable.
- The Farley Center is a Virginia drug rehab center located in Williamsburg. We offer residential and IOP addiction treatment with an individualized program that begins with detox and provides clients a comprehensive aftercare program once they have graduated the program.
- Sagebrush is a Virginia based Holistic Drug rehab and alcohol treatment center. Find peace at our tranquil rehab facility.
- Find Virginia Alcohol and Drug addiction treatment centers, rehab programs, detox and more. Treatment centers in VA.
- Affordable and effective drug and alcohol addiction residential and outpatient care centers for those struggling with substance abuse in VA and DC. Insurance accepted.
- Find listings of free rehab centers in Virginia. We have listed out all of the cities below in Virginia, where we have found hard to find resources for treatment.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- Resources and information for drug treatment programs, drug rehab centers, NA meetings and AA meetings.
- Long term drug rehab centers provide inpatient substance abuse treatment in Florida and Virginia, supervised gradual, seamless, integration to sober life.
- Considering drug rehab for yourself or a loved one? Understand how to choose the best facility including treatment methods, insurance, & payment options.
- We all go through difficult times in our lives, but thankfully, rehab centers are there to help. Checking into a rehabilitation center can literally be a life saving decision.