Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Laytonville CA rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Laytonville CA lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Laytonville CA opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Laytonville CA opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Laytonville CA people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Opiate Overdose Treatment in Laytonville CA
Your teen also has to remain away from night life and good friends, learn to take responsibility for their options and actions and how to function in the day-to-day world.
Frequently well-meaning efforts to assist somebody with a drug problem really empower them to continue their destructive habits by allowing them to avoid the effects of their actions.
How you can help your teenager in Laytonville CA:
- Permit them to accept their own responsibilities
- Set clear guidelines and limitations and enforce them
- Motivate your teen to attend meetings and group counseling
- Be there to pay attention to their issues, fears, and prepare for making it through this time
- Be mindful of and commemorate every triumph
Friday 12/14 100%
Periods of rain. High near 50F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Saturday 12/15 40%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours. High 53F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday 12/16 100%
Thundershowers following a period of rain early. High 53F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.
Monday 12/17 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 52F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 12/18 50%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High around 55F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
- Duffy's Napa Valley Rehab is the top drug & alcohol addiction treatment center in Northern California. We provide the best residential addiction rehab & detox experience for adults struggling with alcohol addiction, opiate addiction, and other substance abuse.
- Ocean Hills Recovery is a leading California drug & alcohol rehab treatment center. To learn more about our California rehab facility call: 866-303-2444.
- Drug rehabilitation is the process of medical or psychotherapeutic treatment for dependency on psychoactive substances such as alcohol, prescription drugs, and street drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin or amphetamines.The general intent is to enable the patient to confront substance dependence, if present, and cease substance abuse to avoid the psychological, legal, financial, social ...
- Primary Service. Inpatient Rehab Programs, . Type of Care Inpatient Rehab Programs, Hospital inpatient drug rehab, Hospital inpatient substance abuse program, Outpatient drug rehab, Partial hospitalization drug rehab/Substance abuse day treatment in Alhambra California.
- Why Couples Drug Rehab? Healing together as a couple is an excellent way to help treat drug or alcohol addiction. With both partners participating in a couples rehab program they each will have the best chance to succeed in recovery, and help build support for sobriety for each other.
- Welcome to DrugStrategies.org, a drug and alcohol addiction treatment Website dedicated to providing the very best resources for fighting substance abuse.. Let us help you find drug treatment centers and addiction rehab programs in your town or city.
- Passages Malibu - World's most luxurious addiction rehab center where addiction can be healed using non 12-step, advanced holistic addiction treatment method.
- Support Systems Homes in San Jose, California, provides alcohol and drug rehab programs. Call us today at 408-370-9688 or 800-811-1800 to choose your treatment option.
- Drug rehab in Orange County with intensive inpatient or outpatient setting. From detox, to dual diagnosis, and various substance abuse disorders, our clinical staff at our Orange County drug rehab is friendly, professional, with a proven track record of helping patients achieve sustained sobriety.
- Recovery Ranch is a renowned Alcohol & Drug Treatment Center for Men's Rehab in California. It provides the highest quality of care to individuals struggling with addictions of drug or alcohol. Call (805) 705-0766 now for an opportunity to live a clean life as a new man.