Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Laytonville CA rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Laytonville CA lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Laytonville CA opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Laytonville CA opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Laytonville CA people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Opiate Overdose Treatment in Laytonville CA
Your teen also has to remain away from night life and good friends, learn to take responsibility for their options and actions and how to function in the day-to-day world.
Frequently well-meaning efforts to assist somebody with a drug problem really empower them to continue their destructive habits by allowing them to avoid the effects of their actions.
How you can help your teenager in Laytonville CA:
- Permit them to accept their own responsibilities
- Set clear guidelines and limitations and enforce them
- Motivate your teen to attend meetings and group counseling
- Be there to pay attention to their issues, fears, and prepare for making it through this time
- Be mindful of and commemorate every triumph
Saturday 08/04 0%
Mainly sunny. High 82F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday 08/05 0%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 84F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 08/06 0%
Sunny skies. High 89F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 08/07 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 91F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 08/08 0%
Sunny. High near 95F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Find a rehab in California. Compare California mental health, alcohol and drug rehabs by location, level of care, addiction and patient reviews. View rehab cost, insurance accepted and bed availability 24/7.
- Review the right drug rehabs and alcohol addiction treatment centers in California to start your recovery program today.
- Ocean Hills Recovery is a leading California drug & alcohol rehab treatment center. To learn more about our California rehab facility call: 866-303-2444.
- A yearlong probe by CNN and The Center for Investigative Reporting uncovered a widespread scheme to bilk California's Medicaid system, the nation's largest.
- Find listings of free rehab centers in California. We have listed out all of the cities below in California, where we have found hard to find resources for treatment.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- Welcome to DrugStrategies.org, a drug and alcohol addiction treatment Website dedicated to providing the very best resources for fighting substance abuse.. Let us help you find drug treatment centers and addiction rehab programs in your town or city.
- Passages Malibu - World's most luxurious addiction rehab center where addiction can be healed using non 12-step, advanced holistic addiction treatment method.
- Couples Rehab offers addiction recovery treatment for struggling partners. Locate a couples drug rehab center that accepts partners for detox recovery. Stay in the same room during treatment and recover together. Outpatient and inpatient couples drug rehabs offer medical detox and couples therapy & couples sober living
- Support Systems Homes in San Jose, California, provides alcohol and drug rehab programs. Call us today at 408-370-9688 or 800-811-1800 to learn more about our services.