If you are thinking about finding out about addiction or Nassau NY treatment, here is what you need to know for the psychiatric assessment. When you visit your Psychiatrist, your psychiatric assessment will take between 45 minutes and 2 hours. The more you prepare before seeing your doctor, the better the results you will get.
It is important to be honest during the interview. I certainly understand patients lying to their physician and I actually expect it to happen. The psychiatric assessment for addiction covers particularly sensitive information. You should know the law has more strict rules for medical record release of psychiatric records. There are severe financial consequences for breaching confidentiality and mental health staff are well aware of this. I usually ask my patients to tell me if they are not prepared to discuss a topic rather than misinforming me. Lying can lead to an incorrect diagnosis and treatment, wasted sessions, and higher cost out of your pocket.
If only Nassau NY doctors would ask all the questions during a psychiatric assessment… We all know that doctors are pressed for time seeing patients. Unfortunately for many patients, this means only the highlights of the psychiatric assessment are covered and many questions are simply skipped. A complete psychatric assessment could take up to three or four hours. I’ve found that 1 hours with a prepared patient will do a good job. Anything under an hour, and items will be skipped. There is simply too much information. This is where you can help. By reviewing a psychiatric assessment before seeing your doctor, you can help avoid important topics from being overlooked.
The Most Important Item of a Psychiatric Assessment Nassau NY
An accurate time line of you addiction and other symptoms is the most important item of a psychiatric assessment. Some people call it a good history. When I’ve had a psychiatric resident of a therapist who can give me a clear history of a person’s illness, it is wonderful. The diagnosis becomes obvious. I’ve found it rare for most patients to be able to give a good history. What ends up happening is the doctor or therapist cuts them off during questioning and redirects the conversation. After a while the patient becomes irritable and thinks the professional doesn’t care. If the doctor lets the patient go on, they will not get all the information.
You as a patient or family member can help by thinking about the history of the problem prior to attending the psychiatric assessment. I always ask these questions to all my patients. You would be amazed that people really need to concentrate to answer the questions. Many don’t know. Asking these questions to yourself will help:
- When did the problem first begin?
- When was the last time you were well?
- What symptoms came first?
- What order did they come next?
- Did anything make the problem better or worse?
Setting Goals For Your Nassau NY Psychiatric Assessment
When patients go to the psychiatrist, many just “want to get better.” One really needs to be specific when thinking about what they mean “getting better.” It could mean having an improved mood. It could mean being able to keep a job. How about getting a good night’s rest? It is important to set some goals in you mind before seeing the doctor.
If you decide what you want to see improved, you will be more likely to stay in treatment. Some feel what their doctor wants is not what they want in treatment. Be very, very specific with you thoughts about goals of treatment. Tell your doctor what you want and review the goals in a month. You can always make more goals so don’t worry about running out of them.
You don’t want to end up in the position after the initial psychiatric assessment that your Nassau NY doctor says you are doing better and that you disagree. There should be little disagreement. Set a specific goal and measure it. Here are a few examples of specific psychiatric assessment goal setting.
- I will sleep through the night at least 5 days per week by the end of the month.
- I will not have suicidal thoughts for a period of one week
- I will not have cried (for no specific reason) for 5 days
- I will not have used any heroin for 30 days.
- I will keep one job for 6 continuous months
- When I feel the urge to fight with my spouse, I will ask them for a break from the conversation and go outside for ten minutes and take a walk.
These can be measured and will be clear to everyone when they are achieved. Setting goals does not have to be complicated. However, not setting good goals will lead to treatment dissatisfaction and just hopping to another doctor.
Roxicodone Addiction in Nassau NY
When it comes time to find the best drug rehabilitation and alcohol rehab centers within your grasp, physicians and other health experts will offer you exactly what is called a referral. You might receive one or two to pick from, but they are generally the most feasible options of treatment for you to think about. When budget is of no concern, some individuals will look into treatment alternatives both near and broad. Some drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers are more private than others, providing certain high-ends that mention authorities can not pay for. When you are able to pay more for your treatment options, there are various sales brochures and sites to scan.
What to Expect With Treatment in Nassau NY
Even though drugs can be purged from the physical parts of the client, it is the psychological barriers and breakdowns that continue the vicious cycle of drug abuse. Many drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation programs will treat the mind, body and soul of a client.
Narcotic Rehab Centers…Addiction To Painkillers
Thursday 08/09 20%
Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 83F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 08/10 10%
Abundant sunshine. High 81F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 08/11 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly to mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 74F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday 08/12 30%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Mostly cloudy...isolated thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. High 76F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Monday 08/13 20%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F. Winds light and variable.
- Seafield offers outpatient & inpatient treatment for drug, alcohol & heroin addiction. Seeking help for addiction can transform your life. Call now.
- Review the top drug rehabs and alcohol addiction treatment centers in New York to start your recovery program today.
- Find listings of free rehab centers in New York. We have listed out all of the cities below in New York, where we have found hard to find resources for treatment.
- Seafield offers outpatient drug, alcohol & heroin rehabilitation in five locations throughout Long Island NY. Click for more information or call now.
- Free yourself from drug or alcohol addiction. Discover treatment options, ways to help, and understand what causes addiction.
- Resources and information for drug treatment programs, drug rehab centers, NA meetings and AA meetings.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- Quality, effective state of the art addiction treatment center located in the New Jersey area. Call now .
- Addiction treatment center located in the New Jersey area for Medically Supervised Detox Drug Rehab & Alcohol Treatment, Residential & Outpatient Treatment New Jersey, Haverhill, Massachusetts - Buck County, PA
- Search our directory to find the different public and private alcohol treatment, drug rehab, and detox programs and centers in Canada. Explore now!