Oxycodone is a drug that is very addicting. A lot of New Bethlehem PA people get an addiction with oxycodone because used oxycodone as a pain reliever for a long time. Then they begin to no longer take the drug for pain medication, but because they are now addicted. The longer people take the medication, the higher the chances are that they will become addicted. This will cause the person to use more in order to either get a feeling of being high, get rid of any pain, or to stop any withdrawal symptoms from beginning.
Oxycodone can cause many side effects: constipation, nausea, headache, dry mouth, excessive sweating and dry mouth. If a person were to have an oxycodone overdose, these severe symptoms happen seizures, coma, dizziness, and slowed breathing. Oxycodone Withdrawal symptoms like these can happen: anxiety, diarrhea, nausea, muscle cramping, and restlessness.
If a person takes more Oxycodone than their New Bethlehem PA prescription said, it can become addictive. Oxycodone is related to heroin, and just like its relative, the drug causes a lot of people to become addicted. An Oxycodone addiction is not hard to notice. If the person is taking the drug isn’t using it for pain anymore, they are most likely addicted to the drug. The addicted person will end up going through withdrawal once they stop taking oxycodone. In order to stop the Oxycodone withdrawal, more Oxycodone must be taken.
Oxycodone falls under the brands of OxyContin, Tylox and Percoset. It is very addictive, and related to heroin. Even though it is not as strong as heroin, it still gets people addicted every year. The main reason New Bethlehem PA people get addicted is when people a patient uses the drug to reduce pain. They take more in order to get the same pain relief or ease. Then when they stop taking the drug, the Oxycodone withdrawals start to kick in.
Cocaine and New Bethlehem PA opiate addiction actually go hand in hand, as many addicts who are addicted to one become addicted to the other as well. It is a popular combination on the streets as the two drugs work powerfully together when taken at the same time. Essentially what happens at the chemistry level is that the cocaine increases the effectiveness of any opiates taken. This makes for a powerful combination and seriously increases the risk of addiction.
Treatment for this combination of drugs is going to be very similar to treatment for regular New Bethlehem PA opiate addiction. The addition of cocaine into the mixture does not really affect the type of treatment that should be pursued. There are a couple of different options for this type of rehabilitation and the most popular one is to check into a drug rehab. This will generally include a few days in a detox unit followed by a few weeks of residential inpatient treatment. This is a good plan for anyone who is addicted to drugs in this manner and will generally produce the same or better outcomes as other forms of treatment. In other words, going to rehab is usually your best bet.
There are other forms of treatment and one of them is called New Bethlehem PA ultra rapid detox. If you choose to do this then you will need to pay cash for the procedure as it is not covered by insurances yet. It is also quite expensive and there are some risks involved. It is an outpatient procedure and after you go through it you will be fully detoxed when it is over with. Most people have only minor or no withdrawal symptoms at all at this point. However, the cost is very high and if you use drugs again afterward then the entire procedure was wasted. Of course this is true of any treatment method, but it is especially noticeable if you have an outpatient procedure done that costs several thousand dollars and you manage completely reverse it in a mere instant by taking a drug.
Opiate Withdrawal Help in New Bethlehem PA
When it comes time to find the finest drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation centers within your grasp, doctors and other health experts will provide you what is called a referral. Some drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers are more private than others, using particular luxuries that state authorities can not manage.
What to Anticipate With Treatment in New Bethlehem PA
Even though drugs can be purged from the physical parts of the patient, it is the psychological barriers and breakdowns that continue the vicious cycle of drug abuse. A lot of drug rehab and alcohol rehabilitation programs will deal with the mind, body and soul of a client.
7.5 Hydrocodone…Narcotic Rehab Centers
Tuesday 08/07 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 82F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wednesday 08/08 100%
Thunderstorms likely. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 78F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%.
Thursday 08/09 20%
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 08/10 50%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy in the morning followed by scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 81F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
Saturday 08/11 60%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Scattered thunderstorms. High 78F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
- Pennsylvania Drug Rehab Centers | Bradford Recovery Center's PA Drug Rehab and PA Addiction Treatment Programs. Call NOW for a No-Cost Addiction Assessment.
- Turning Point Treatment Center offers detox & residential treatment programs to help clients and their families recover from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Free yourself from drug or alcohol addiction. Discover treatment options, ways to help, and understand what causes addiction.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- Resources and information for drug treatment programs, drug rehab centers, NA meetings and AA meetings.
- Retreat Premier Addiction Treatment Centers is a drug and alcohol addiction rehab center located in Palm Beach, Florida and Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Contact our 24/7 addiction helpline center today for more information about our inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Call 1-800-304-2219. This article gives information on rehabilitation centers for drug & alcohol addiction in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Considering drug rehab for yourself or a loved one? Understand how to choose the best facility including treatment methods, insurance, & payment options.
- We all go through difficult times in our lives, but thankfully, rehab centers are there to help. Checking into a rehabilitation center can literally be a life saving decision.
- Alcohol and drug rehabs for your specific needs. Largest, most comprehensive resource for drug rehab centers on the web.