Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although North Jay ME rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean North Jay ME lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most North Jay ME opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe North Jay ME opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless North Jay ME people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
How Long Do Opiates Stay In Your System in North Jay ME
Your teenager also needs to remain away from night life and good friends, find out to take duty for their actions and options and ways to function in the day-to-day world.
Often well-meaning efforts to help someone with a drug issue really empower them to continue their damaging behavior by allowing them to prevent the effects of their actions.
How you can help your teen in North Jay ME:
- Enable them to accept their own responsibilities
- Set clear guidelines and constraints and enforce them
- Motivate your teen to attend meetings and group therapy
- Be there to pay attention to their problems, fears, and prepare for making it through this time
- Know and celebrate every success
Tuesday 08/07 10%
Mostly clear. Lows overnight in the mid 60s.
Wednesday 08/08 80%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Mostly cloudy skies during the morning hours followed by thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 84F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
Thursday 08/09 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 83F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
Friday 08/10 20%
Mostly sunny skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 81F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 08/11 20%
Partly to mostly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 79F. Winds light and variable.
- Addiction Recovery Choice helps you find & choose the best drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one, with detailed information on each level of care, therapy types, and common addictions & substance use disorders.
- Resources and information for drug treatment programs, drug rehab centers, NA meetings and AA meetings.
- Maine Free Rehab Centers Free Alcohol, Drug and other Rehab resources in Maine. Welcome to our Maine help and services page. Finding hard to locate resources for assistance with alcohol, drug and other rehab related problems is what FreeRehabCenters.com is all about.
- Considering drug rehab for yourself or a loved one? Understand how to choose the best facility including treatment methods, insurance, & payment options.
- We all go through difficult times in our lives, but thankfully, rehab centers are there to help. Checking into a rehabilitation center can literally be a life saving decision.
- Alcohol and drug rehabs for your specific needs. Largest, most comprehensive resource for drug rehab centers on the web.
- Georgia Christian drug and alcohol rehabilitation services information: Here at Christian Drug Rehab .org we help people locate Christian based treatment facilities.
- The search for the best rehab centers across the nation now brings us to Minnesota. Some of these drug rehab centers in Minnesota are world-renowned, and nearly all incorporate the principles of the 12-step program into their treatment methods.
- Find a rehab based on your drug, location and needs. Addiction Center provides info on addiction, treatment and recovery. Learn more about signs, symptoms, and withdrawal on each drug and get connected with professional who care to help with addiction.
- Are you trying to figure out if your insurance will help with paying for drug rehab? We can find treatment centers that fall under your health insurance network provider.