Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Rogers TX rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Rogers TX lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Rogers TX opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Rogers TX opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Rogers TX people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
Opiate Addiction Treatment Centers in Rogers TX
Your teenager likewise needs to stay away from night life and good friends, discover how to take responsibility for their options and actions and the best ways to work in the everyday world.
Often well-meaning efforts to help somebody with a drug problem in fact empower them to continue their harmful habits by enabling them to avoid the repercussions of their actions.
How you can assist your teen in Rogers TX:
- Allow them to accept their own duties
- Set clear rules and limitations and enforce them
- Motivate your teen to go to meetings and group counseling
- Exist to pay attention to their problems, fears, and prepare for making it through this time
- Know and celebrate every success
Sunday 01/13 10%
Mostly clear. Lows overnight in the mid 30s.
Monday 01/14 10%
Sun and a few passing clouds. High around 50F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 01/15 10%
Overcast. High 54F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 01/16 10%
Cloudy. High around 65F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 01/17 10%
Partly cloudy. High 74F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Shiloh Mens Ministries is a Texas and National Drug Rehab center using Christian teachings to overcome drug addiction problems. Christian Drug Rehabilitation in Texas.
- Why Most Individuals Choose Summer Sky Summer Sky is accredited by The Joint Commission, and our drug treatment center in Texas is a national leader in substance use disorder treatment.
- The Right Step Texas rehab centers offer affordable drug and alcohol treatment for adults and adolescents. Begin residential or outpatient programs today.
- TX Substance Abuse Facts In several surveys conducted between 2014 and 2015, substance use and abuse was widely reported in the state of Texas, demonstrating a clear need for quality treatment: 1–4 Among teenagers (ages 12–17), 6.9% had used marijuana in the past month.
- The Sante Center For Healing has provided drug and alcohol rehab treatment for more than 20 years. We guide families to recovery, Call 866-625-2279
- We believe addiction is a complex—yet treatable—brain disease. Developed by a hand-picked team of medical experts, our evidence-based program is administered by board-certified, addiction-trained physicians, psychiatrists and therapists.
- How to Choose the Best Addiction Rehab Texas Offers Resolving to turn life around and get sober from illicit and prescription drugs is a big undertaking, and may be the most crucial one you or your loved one can make.
- For 60+ years, Starlite Recovery Center in Texas has been providing quality care & treatment to adults struggling with drug or alcohol abuse.
- Are you searching for a drug rehab or treatment center? Our counselors can help you learn more about drug and alcohol rehabilitation and locate the right rehab
- Recovery Begins With a Promise. Promises Austin is one of the nation’s premier holistic drug treatment centers. You’ll recover on a peaceful seven-acre retreat in the Texas Hill Country and engage in empowering, evidence-based therapies that help you heal physically, mentally and spiritually.