Breaking free from a drug addiction can be extremely hard. It can be both scary and intimidating for those wanting to beat their opiate addictions. Heroin addicts can face some of the most excruciating withdrawal symptoms. For some, in-patient rehabilitation isn’t an option or may not be affordable and can cost thousands of dollars to go through. Although Willard NC rehab clinics are the best way for someone to overcome a drug addiction, an at-home solution is both discrete and from the comfort of you own home.
Although illicit opiate addictions such as heroin addictions and opium addictions are often the stronger of the withdrawal symptoms, even pharmaceutical opiate addictions can be almost as hard to kick.
Below are some tips for those wanting to beat their opiate addiction from home to enjoy a drug-free clean Willard NC lifestyle.
- Get a book or program to help you understand your addiction and aid in your ability to fight the withdrawal symptoms. At the bottom of this article is a website that offers such programs designed to help you from the comfort of your own home. In addiction they cost much less than going in to a rehab clinic and can save you a lot of money. Even a hundred dollar program which is guaranteed to work cost much much less than a in-patient clinic. This is highly advised.
- All too often people rely on their drug addiction to keep them going. This is one of the biggest mistakes one could make. If you are currently using drugs it is important to do the necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Eating right, taking vitamin supplements, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated and making healthy decisions are crucial when you decide to quit or if you are in a position where you can’t maintain your drug habit. Don’t push yourself simply because a drug makes you feel that you can. Instead make every effort to keep yourself healthy, you’ll be thankful when the opiate withdrawal symptoms come around.
- Take it seriously. Don’t plan on your withdrawal symptoms to be easy. Make sure you are fully prepared both mentally, physically and socially to handle such a process. Opiate withdrawal symptoms don’t last very long but you may be in a position where you have to miss work, family occasions and other possible commitments you may have. Again, getting a book or program beforehand is a smart way to play it safe, and you will find such resources at the bottom of this article.
- Mind over matter. You may get some anxiety when the withdrawal symptoms start to occur. Try to think positive and think of it as your body trying to heal itself and that it is long-overdue. The symptoms won’t last forever and the first two days are always the hardest. Do your best to ignore limiting attitudes and keep in mind that every day, every second, and every minute you are getting better and better and closer to feeling better.
- Rest as much as you can. Most Willard NC opiate addicts don’t realize that they don’t get nearly as much sleep because they are not used to feeling bad from a lack of sleep. In other words sleep equals healing. The more you rest and drink plenty of fluids the more your body gets a chance to heal itself thoroughly.
- Treat yourself as if you have the flu. Whether you are an opium addict, heroin addict, or addicted to methadone, when the withdrawal symptoms hit, it always resembles the flu. So what is the best thing to do? Treat your withdrawal symptoms as the flu. By this I mean, take vitamin supplements, vitamin c, drink plenty of juices, electrolyte sports drinks, lots of water, chicken noodles soups and other “brothy” soups, rest plenty, stay warm, if possible, take a warm bath and soak for a long period of time (this will calm your nerves) and sometimes a little bit of acetaminophen will help the body aches and pains.
- Create a plan – Having a well-thought out plan will minimize the risk of severely uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms from a severe Willard NC opiate addiction. For example if you are addicted to opium, the reading about it online or knowing what to expect can prep your mind for the rather uncomfortable experience you are about to encounter.
There are countless Willard NC people going through what you may be going through, and thousands have been able to overcome such addictions. If possible, seek professional advice from a doctor, counselor, friends and family you trust. There are many programs all throughout the world that offer free or inexpensive solutions to drug addiction rehabilitation. Know your options and keep your convictions strong, have a positive attitude and you can succeed at any trial you may be faced with.
How Long Do Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms Last in Willard NC
Your teenager also has to keep away from night life and buddies, discover how to take duty for their actions and options and the best ways to operate in the day-to-day world.
Often well-meaning efforts to help somebody with a drug problem in fact empower them to continue their harmful behavior by permitting them to avoid the repercussions of their actions.
How you can help your teen in Willard NC:
- Allow them to accept their own duties
- Set clear guidelines and constraints and enforce them
- Motivate your teen to go to meetings and group counseling
- Exist to pay attention to their issues, fears, and prepare for making it through this time
- Understand and celebrate every success
Wednesday 01/16 0%
Plenty of sunshine. High 56F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 01/17 10%
Cloudy. High 56F. Winds light and variable.
Friday 01/18 10%
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 62F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 01/19 20%
A mix of clouds and sun in the morning followed by cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 64F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 01/20 80%
Rain ending early. Remaining cloudy. Thunder possible. Morning high of 62F with temps falling to near 50. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Rehab.com is a referral service that provides information about addiction treatment practitioners and facilities. Rehab.com is not a medical provider or treatment facility and does not provide medical advice.
- Having an addiction to drugs or alcohol poses serious challenges to your health and wellbeing, but trying to detox and fight the urge to use again can be overwhelmingly difficult. For North Carolina residents who know this struggle all too well, there is hope. Rehab treatment centers offer a range ...
- Choosing the right addiction treatment program is an important step in the recovery process. The 10 best drug rehab centers in North Carolina cater to individuals with unique cultural, medical, and mental health needs.
- Southeastern Psychiatry Clinic located in picturesque Lumberton, North Carolina may offer the treatment necessary for a successful recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
- Are you searching for a drug rehab or treatment center? Our counselors can help you learn more about drug and alcohol rehabilitation and locate the right rehab
- Welcome to DrugStrategies.org, a drug and alcohol addiction treatment Website dedicated to providing the very best resources for fighting substance abuse.. Let us help you find drug treatment centers and addiction rehab programs in your town or city.
- A private, non-profit treatment center committed to helping people who suffer from alcoholism and drug addiction situated in Greensboro, North Carolina
- South Carolina is home to some of the country’s best addiction rehab centers, but deciding which one is right for you can be challenging. The facility profiles and reviews listed on this page can help you make this important decision.
- Latest Articles Benefits of Using Rehab Centers for Addiction Treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction is a dangerous condition that can ultimately lead to death if left untreated.
- At Wilmington Treatment Center, we have developed specialized programming to combat the opioid epidemic that continues to plague individuals and families throughout North Carolina and across the nation.